Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Jack Stack's KCMO Plaza

A group of approximately 20 of us had lunch at Jack Stack's Plaza
location in KC last week. In a nutshell, the food was well prepared,
very flavorful and plentiful. Prices were lower than for what would be
comparable food in the Las Vegas area, where we now live. Service was
excellent. We had individual checks, but since there was more than 6 of
us in the group, an 18% tip was automatically added in. Unlike some
places, the tip was boldly spelled out, and not hidden to trick people
into double tipping. For the service we received, the 18% was reasonable.

Rather than go on about the food itself, let's just say that it was
above average for restaurant-quality barbecue. Sides were equally good.

For any of you visiting the KC area, it would be a reasonable place to
go for lunch, though there are other barbecue places that probably offer
even better barbecue if you want to drive around to find them.

While on the subject of the Plaza, we stayed at the Embassy Suites on
the Plaza, up by St. Luke's hospital. It was the most disagreeable stay
I've ever encountered in what is otherwise a good chain. The lobby was
virtually inaccessible to my wife's electric scooter unless she drove
around to the side of the building, where she would have had to open two
heavy, manual doors to enter. The complimentary drinks in the evening
were by "coupon" only, and were the tiniest pours I've ever encountered.
The line for a drink was approximately 15 minutes long- and then you
had to fish out and present a very unpleasant bartender with a coupon.
I fared even worse at the Cattleman restaurant, since they forgot my
order and after 45 minutes of waiting, I explained to them where the
order could be placed when it arrived. The next morning, the order was
on my hotel bill. I challenged it and it was removed, to the hotel's
credit.

In all, passing through KC was good from a food standpoint, if you
overlook the restaurant at the Embassy Suites on the Plaza.

--
Nonny

Nonnymus
I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.