Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default Interesting cookbook review

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:53:53 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:42:29 -0700, "gunner" >
>wrote:
>
>>Christine, I will check this one out but have you read any Susanna Foo's
>>books. If so any comments?
>>

>I have one of her books, but I haven't looked at it in some time, so
>I can't really comment much on it at the moment. I seem to remember
>that it looked like it had some good dishes. I will have to figure
>out where I put that book,and take a peek at it again.
>
>Christine

Adding on to my own post about cookbooks...

I have a lot of cookbooks. I perused each book thoroughly when I
first got them, and in many cases have gone back to them for various
recipes, techniques, etc. However, because I have a lot of
cookbooks, I sometimes don't look at a particular book for eons....for
whatever reasons there may be.

So when someone asks me about a particular cookbook, I may indeed have
it. However, I might not have looked at it in years...

That being said, I often do go back through my collection and pull a
book out and peruse it again. They are like old friends...and
sometimes one hasn't seen old friends in a long time.

Christine