Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Bees and tea

On Aug 6, 9:41*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Tea is my #1 passion. *Honey is #2. *

...buzzz...snip...
> Talking to the honey guys is like talking to the tea
> guys. *A lot of passion. *One part of our state is famous for
> cantaloupes, watermelons, pumpkins which you find locally but worth a
> trip just for the best honey I've ever tasted. *Our commercial raw
> honey comes from a mountain community noted for its wild flowers. *I
> think the one thing that destroys the taste of tea is sweetness. *So I
> never add honey to tea but everything else!
>
> Jim

Very cool, I never knew you were into honey. I really enjoy talking to
them as well, it is infinitely interesting and from my math/computer/
geek side I find the natural perfection and efficiency in design of
the honeycomb to be awe-inspiring. I'm not normally one for any sort
of sweetener myself, but my occasional exceptions are only for a few
honey's and raw or yellow lump sugar. When I have a sore throat, want
something sweet, or just for some strange reason. Sometimes it is just
a basic Ceylon or even a Red Rose/Salada teabag steeped quickly and a
nice copious amount of honey once it has cooled a good bit.

I touched on it in my first reply, but the cleanup must be terrible.
I've seen the spotless facilities of my local guy and I have seen how
sticky and covered everything is when it's running. It must be
laborious and massively time consuming, but I guess like anything it
can be made enjoyable and relaxing. I just have a natural aversion to
sticky and it would be my personal nightmare/hell. Unless there is a
trick beyond patience and time to cleanup.

- Dominic