Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Bees and tea

Tea is my #1 passion. Honey is #2. An excellent source for new taste
are the ethnic stores. The Arabic stores use it in their pastries
like baklava so carry the different brands usually with comb and
unpasturized. Talking to the honey guys is like talking to the tea
guys. A lot of passion. One part of our state is famous for
cantaloupes, watermelons, pumpkins which you find locally but worth a
trip just for the best honey I've ever tasted. Our commercial raw
honey comes from a mountain community noted for its wild flowers. I
think the one thing that destroys the taste of tea is sweetness. So I
never add honey to tea but everything else!

Jim

PS The club told me there is a 'Johnny Appleseed' of wild hives. He
establishes hives all over the West and SouthWest. When he comes
through town he has buckets of honey he harvested for sampling.
Nothing is for sale. It is by invitation only. I'll have to suck up
to someone to get in on that treat. I'll keep you posted. The first
benchmark is setting up the hives in the Spring. The second harvest
the following September.

Dominic T. wrote:

....sweetness...