Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Bees and tea

On Aug 5, 8:46 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> A nearby community government funded a project for 'Beehives in every
> neighborhood'. It was a small stipend with a representative giving
> show and tells. This weekend I attended a small presentation which
> also included the city beehive club. I got the particulars and it is
> something I've always wanted to do. Anyway I'm talking with someone
> about the benefits of honey and he said he personally knew of someone
> who was depressed for years on medication who started drinking green
> tea with honey and is now off meds and doing okay. I've mentioned
> before standing in my fruit trees drinking my tea with the bees
> buzzing around my noggin. Occasionally one will check the cup but too
> hot.
>
> Jim
>
> PS The individual hives seem to be doing okay but it is the statewide
> commercial hives suffering from CCD.

My mother actually turned me on to local raw honey and it's hard to
imagine not having it around someday. I was also lucky to find a semi-
local beekeeper who has honey in tons of types, red bamboo, thistle,
clover, orange blossom, and on and on with so many exotic offerings I
can't recall. Red Bamboo is amazing and very good paired with a number
of teas, especially darker ones. Really cool if you can get into it,
plus there's honey mead which is great too! Personally I'm happy to
just pay the local guys to handle it but if it weren't for the getting
stung and sticky/cleanup bits I'd do it in a heartbeat. Best of luck
and I for one would love to be kept up to date on the venture.

- Dominic