Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Will[_1_] Will[_1_] is offline

Default Mesquite flour starter

On Aug 4, 3:53 pm, wrote:
>... I'm adding about a cup of all
> purpose flour to a few tablespoons of mesquite flour because I don't
> think the mesquite flour has much in the way of sugar and starch.

You won't know until you try. But try with Mesquite only and don't
make a lot. You want to make a little dough-ball about the size of a
golf ball. Then refresh it every couple of days by peeling off the
exterior "skin" and combining the interior with fresh mesquite +
water. If it's going to work, it will start fermenting within 6 or 7
days.

I googled the flour, sounds interesting. Good luck.