Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default frozen pie comparisons

"aem" > wrote in message
> While shopping today I saw a frozen lemon meringue pie by Claim
> Jumpers, a chain restaurant I've never been to. Something about the
> packaging, perhaps the height of the box, attracted me. Didn't buy it
> but it made me think. We buy pies from various bakeries and from
> Marie Callenders. None is terrific, most are okay (and better than
> the crust I make). What are the chances that the frozen pie might be
> an okay substitute? -aem

Well, the best way to tell is to try it ;-)

I haven't tried their lemon, but my SIL did make one of the apple pies,
which I found far too sweet for my tastes, but the kids loved it. Sara Lee,
believe it or not, makes one that is actually pretty tasty. Said SIL made
that one too. She's not big on making desserts ;-) I can't remember what
it's called..fruits of the forest, maybe? It has apples, rhubarb,
strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries I believe. Crumb top. With a
scoop of cinnamon ice cream, it was pretty good.

kimberly