JethroUK©

Default If we breed more cattle - I can get a cheaper steak

> It is logically absurd to conclude that it is
> better to be born than not born.

the statement "it is better to be born than not born."

is perfectly understandable/appreciable by those who exist, as a fact -
state it anywhere and see if it's questioned at all!

it is not until you try to carve it up the word 'better' your own way that
the meaning is changed

and then when i carve your 'interpretation' up - it resumes
understandable/appreciable once more

and i can do it until the cows come home )

'better' is a rellevant term - as such can be determined by the perspective
from which/who/what it is "better" - anything thats alive can appreciate it
(even of those that only have a 'potential' life - whether it would be
'better' or 'worse' for something to live)