Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default supper tonight

"koko" > ha scritto nel messaggio +0200, "Giusi"

> wrote:
>>They cost a bomb, though. 8 tortillas for about $4.50 US.
>>

> Holy moly $4.50 for 8 tortillas. Would it be cheaper to have someone
> send you some masa de maiz and make your own? I don't know how much it>
> costs to send things to Italy but dang, it can't help but think it
> would be cheaper.

The USPS has dropped regular mail to foreign countries and you must use
airmail. It means it is never cheaper to send things here. I ordered books
from Amazon-- paperbacks-- to try to use some of my stimulus check in the US
and for maybe 10 paperbacks the postage was $56.00.

> For enchiladas, just barely cook the tortrillas in oil until pliable
> enough to fill and roll.

Yeah, but I wanted a TACO! We used to do taco night on Friday with some
friends and I have many warm memories of that.