Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default supper tonight

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:05:38 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

>"hahabogus" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> So I chopped up some romain and added the usual suspects for a green
>> salad,
>> tomatoes, radishes, cuke, onion, red bell pepper, mushroom.
>> I then chopped up a chicken breast pan fried it with some sour cream and
>> taco seasoning added at the end...Wilted chicken taco salad was born when
>> added the shredded cheese to the greens and poured the pan of still warm
>> tacofied chicken chunks and sauce over it..

>Having found corn tortillas!!!! in a local supermarket that carries some
>foreign food, I made sorta tacos. They were sorta good. But these
>tortillas, larger than usual, took forever to crisp. The recipes on the
>side were for enchiladas in 3 languages, all latin derived. Do they make a
>much softer tortilla for enchiladas? The brand was Old El Paso.
>
>The cost a bomb, though. 8 tortillas for about $4.50 US.

Holy moly $4.50 for 8 tortillas. Would it be cheaper to have someone
send you some masa de maiz and make your own? I don't know how much it
costs to send things to Italy but dang, it can't help but think it
would be cheaper.

For enchiladas, just barely cook the tortrillas in oil until pliable
enough to fill and roll. When my dad would make his world famous Irish
enchiladas he'd warm up some enchilada sauce in a skillet and quickly
cook the tortillas in that until soft enough to roll.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/26