Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally Kate Connally is offline

Default Best way to store uncooked rice?

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

> I checked two bags of rice I had stored and both had little bugs on
> the inside. What is the best way to store uncooked rice to avoid bugs
> or is there no way to prevent it? A friend told me that she stores her
> bags of rice in the fridge until needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

They may have already had bug eggs in them that hatched
after you got them.

Anyway, since I started buy 10-lb. bags of Jasmine
rice at the local Asian food store I've been keeping
it in a large metal canister. That works very well
for me. It takes me 6 months to a year to go through
10 lbs. of rice and it keeps beautifully in the can.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”