Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Amanda’s Web site ...

crisology wrote:
> On Jul 20, 4:06 pm, Laurie > wrote:
>> crisology wrote:
>>> Amanda’s Web site ...

>> Thanks for the links, I have added significantly to my page as a result.

> I just read it carefully. Excellent additions! And thank you for
> clearly contrasting those pork & sardine examples of "educational
> darkness" with "eating in harmony with our genetic programming." Each
> page you add brings healthy/natural diet into better perspective.

Larry's and apparently your slant on diet and health would be far better
served in my view if the perspective were presented in a much more
neutral, informative, professional manner. All the insulting rhetoric,
mudslinging and conspiratorial innuendo just makes him look like another
garden variety loon.

>> I will send her the link to her page on Ecologos, and challenge her to
>> a public debate on news:alt.food.vegan.science.

> Almost as we speak (last month),
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle4095920.ece
> Amanda still advises iron from meat without mention of health risks or
> vitamin C which may help absorb heme iron & does help digest natural
> iron in plants.
>
>> Any bets of whether she will respond in an intellectually-honest manner?

> Response could be contingent upon Almond Board of California ("The
> Portfolio Diet") & Nourkrin hair supplement manufacturers' estimates
> of whether intellectual honesty will help sales/false body image.
> http://hairstyleandcare.blogspot.com...6_archive.html
>
> Amanda has some unturned boulders on that page and a chance to defend/
> promote her philosophy & books. But the chances Amanda ambushes, mauls
> & ingests raw calves are greater than the likelihood anybody explains
> how such cattle tissue supplements are healthier or more natural than
> fruit. Amanda hasn't explained how "Cutting out meat, fish, eggs,
> dairy foods and cereal grains would result in the loss of many
> nutrients" neither has anybody else.

All those foods are loaded with nutrients, what's so difficult to
understand?

Until then omnivarians continue
> to cheer lead for digestion while replacing meat with plant food adds
> life promoting phytochemicals.

It's not about replacing plants with meat, it's about a healthy balance.

There's a lot of equivocation going on here and precious little
objectivity. "Red meat", arguably the least desirable of the meat family
from a health perspective, is often used to represent all meat,
including fish and foul. Diets which consume far too much fatty meat,
processed foods, salt, refined sugar and trans-fats are used to
represent all omnivorous diets, including those largely plant-centric
with relatively small amounts of healthier meats. Those diets are
actually close to many chimp diets, not evolutionary sidesteps at all.