Posted to alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
[email protected] archaea@scfas.com is offline

Default Flatulence-producing foods

" > The bacteria produce fatty acids which are the breakdown product of
undigestable carbohydrates eaten from plant sources.

" The issue is the typical AMINE compounds present in the feces of
carnivores and animal-eating humans. Several odoriferous amines were
identified by name. They are NOT fatty acids."

Farting is the issue and the source thereof, consult subject line.
Undigested carbs ferment in the colon and produce gases and some of them
causes farting and some of them smell. As for meat, it was already said
eating it can be a source for proteine which can also be so fermented. As
can our own cells, we too are meat don't forget.

> butyric acid is one such fatty acid

"
But, butyric acid does NOT have the characteristic amine odors
referenced."

No, but neither does dsmell like roses, as to what referenced, farting and
smells and carbs can be a source.

> any food source can produce Flatulence and depending on which gas is

produced an oder humans can smell will be produced. '

"Methane is a common exhaust gas, but it does NOT have the specific and
characteristic amine odors produced by humans who consume the animal
proteins, or excessive amounts of any protein source."

Nor does consuming carbs make us fart and oder free, shall we be complete
in our discussion of the topic and not by ommission seek to mislead.
Science has no agenda, people do.

" I appreciate your attempt to respond, but please try to deal with the
specific issues raised."

Farting and oder thereof was raised. Thanking you in future for not
trying to steer the topics you raise when they in their complete form are
found uncomfortable and dispell the pretty pricture you wish to paint.