Posted to alt.food.vegan
crisology crisology is offline

Default new page

On Jul 11, 2:53 pm, Laurie > wrote:
> http://ecologos.org/times.htm
>
> Laurie
> --
> Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html
> news:alt.food.vegan.science

Thanks for sharing another good addition Laurie. It's worth reading
more than once.

The main idea of Amanda’s Web site is to eat popular “lip smackingly
good meals” like “sardines thrown on a barbecue and eaten with hot
crunchy bread” and “forget the things you shouldn't eat” yet
“reconnect with real food and start concentrating on things that you
actually enjoy.” “Just savour every mouthful.” “Always choose foods
you like.” “..have a good time.”

Amanda is a digestive system-cheerleader between feedings.

I don’t know why English people need a nutritionist to be encouraged
to eat more cows. “How about a succulent steak cooked to perfection”
http://www.amandaursell.com/html/philosophy.html

At “Amanda Ursell's Feel good” http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n14528443
she suggested vitamins for vegetarian children to obtain iron but blew
an opportunity to advise high vitamin C food to DIGEST iron even after
stating, “iron from plant foods is not well ABSORBED.” Any mention of
disease risks associated with heme iron wouldn’t “feel good.” If I
were trying to dissuade people from a veg diet, I don’t know how I
would do it differently. She goes on to suggest eggs, anchovies for
pizza, poultry, etc.-as if to enlist children into her cravings team.
No wonder she has “a habit of attracting calamity.”
http://www.amandaursell.com/shop/pro...b705e71c7481a5

“she obviously is not the slightest bit familiar with plant-based
diets” –Laurie
Amanda stepped up to provide examples of a salt exclusion diet
http://www.amandaursell.com/html/salt.html but otherwise writes as
though she were under the influence of galanin & advertising pressure.

I think the formula Amanda tries to use for calculating nutrients is:
“our innate understanding of what is good for us to eat.”

Chris