Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Nice Change.

On Sat 19 Jul 2008 08:55:56p, Serene Vannoy told us...

> LeoS wrote:
>> On Jul 19, 4:53 pm, sf wrote:
>>> We're moving furniture around in the den today, which meant taking all
>>> the books off 3 tall bookcases first. It turns out I have FIVE
>>> different Jeff Smith cookbooks and I didn't even realize it until
>>> today!

>> I think at this point I only have the original Frugal Gourmet
>> Cookbook.

> I have an old spiral-bound, small-format cookbook of his from before he
> was famous, called something like "The Chaplain's Pantry". I keep it
> because it feels like a bit of history to me. I figure some day I'll
> give it away to someone who would appreciate it.
>
> Serene

I remember Jeff Smith talking about that book on his Frugal Gourmet show.
I've never seen a copy, and have never found one in any new or used book
store. It sounds like it would be very interesting.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 07(VII)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)