Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Good focaccia bread recipie for use with pizza stone?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:30:04 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Peter Reinhardt recommends that when you are baking pizza, to heat the
>> oven for a full hour at least, at it's highest setting, which is
>> usually 500 or 550. With the pizza stone in it: like you said, you
>> want both the oven AND the pizza stone blazingly hot.
>>
>> I do this for bread as well...other than just pizza.

>I know it's a good idea and all, but I shudder to think what doing that
>very often would do to my already high electric bill.

If you use several 6 inch unglazed quarry tiles instead of those thick
stones, you don't have to heat the oven as long. If I turn on the
oven when I start making my dough (FP method), everything's ready at
the same time.

Mae West