ipse dixit

Default natural predators & a natural life is cruel? "Yes" - according to usual suspect AND NOW DUTCH

On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:13:40 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>"ipse dixit" > wrote
>> On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:58:57 GMT, Jonathan Ball >wrote:
>>
>> > Dutch doesn't believe what ****wit believes.

>> I've provided his quotes proving he holds the
>> very same views as Harrison.

>You showed that I made statements 3 1/2 years ago that appear superficially
>similiar to ****wit's position.

They are more superficially similar, and you
admitted this when you wrote that you were
in fact quoting him;

> > [start Dutch]
> > Pigs and cows are domesticated animals that
> > we create, breed and raise, giving them a life
> > as David says, in exchange for the use of their
> > hides. We give them life. They give us their
> > lives, and our lifestyles. It's a mutually beneficial
> > contract, which I believe includes treating them
> > with respect. The only contract I have with mice
> > is you get out of my grain and I won't kill you.
> > Isn't that the way YOU look at mice? Maybe
> > we're not so different after all.

> [Polly]
> Although we know there's no literal "contract", I
> do like your way of stating the fact that both humans
> and animals benefit from the animals' domestication.

[Dutch]
Thanks. I am beginning to find myself quoting David..
who'da thunk???
Dutch http://tinyurl.com/2jdml

When are you going to stop lying?

Also, you've made recent statements owning up to
your belief in that animals benefit from getting to
experience life. Jon sipped them away while trying
to dig you out of this mess, but Google still has the
proof that you believe natural predation is cruel
and that removing it is a benefit to wild animals. With
that in mind and your earlier quotes below, you've
conceded to both of Harrison's claims;

1) That animals benefit from getting the chance
to experience life;
[start ipse dixit]
> The quotes and admissions below prove you
> believe an animal benefits from getting to
> experience life and being able to reproduce after
> their predators have been removed

[Dutch]
Of course they do.
[end]

2) That "this is a "moral consideration" issue.""
"I have said this is a "moral consideration" issue."
Dutch 2003-11-28

Both these arguments are Harrison's, and like
him, when asked to explain how they benefit
and why it's a moral consideration issue, you
reply that it is "self-evident" or "obvious".

> [ipse dixit]
> Then explain how they benefit;
> 1) from living
> 2) from producing

[Dutch]
It's self-evident
[end]

As usual your past quotes have come back to bite you.
You believe our moral consideration to remove natural
predators is a good thing and that we should continue to
farm animals because "nature is arguably more cruel
than captivity." You follow the logic of the larder, Dutch.