Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Ice Cream Sodas, Sandwiches

"John Kane" > wrote in message
On Jul 13, 9:45 pm, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> Is it just me or is anybody else frustrated that most ice cream workers
> these days don't know how to make a good ice cream soda?

Err, what is an Ice Cream soda? I've heard of them (Archie comics?)
but they seem to be/have been an US phenomenon.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada

Ice Cream soda

Large Ice cream glass similar to a beer pilsner glass.
from the bottom up
Flavoring ( strawberry or chocolate etc)
A little milk or cream to mix with the flavoring
One or more scoops of ice cream
Soda water (first the high pressure small stream then the regular stream)
The high pressure is used to mix the flavoring & soda - Fill the glass with
soda
Top with Whipped cream & a cherry (chopped nuts optional)

serve with a straw & a long spoon

Note the ice cream can be the same flavor as the Flavoring or different) As
example a strawberry ice ream soda can be made with strawberry or vanilla
ice cream.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)