Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Info Please

"Sheryl" > wrote in message
>I lurk in here alot so figure this is the place to ask for help.
>
> I ate at Red Lobster the other day...the group ordered a sampler
> plate..it had clamari, peppers etc. but also fried broccoli. Almost
> like it was blanced a bit then fried for a few seconds.....it was
> crunchy...the seasoning was real good but could not place just what it
> was.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had this.
>
> Thanks so much and have a good day.
>
> Sheryl

In all likelihood the food was pre-prepared and a commercial product
available at places like SYSCO.

If you want to duplicate the crunchy fried taste/texture use Panko - this is
available in most markets in the oriental foods section. Technically Panko
is classified as a breadcrumb but the manufacturing process is very
different for lack of a better term is a dried flaked batter.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)