Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Good focaccia bread recipie for use with pizza stone?

"Dirty Harry" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Ok, trying to find a good recipe for focaccia bread to test out my new
> pizza stone. Online I'm finding a ton of difference recipes. Any advice
> on what to look for? One recipe I saw they dumped 6 tables spoons of oil
> on it! >> http://video.about.com/breadbaking/R...ccia-Bread.htm
> and baked it in a pan. It looks pretty heavy when it comes out, I'd
> prefer crispy on the outside and light on the inside.

This isn't a recipe, but across the board, if you let pizza dough or
focaccia dough rise in the fridge at least 12 hours, the flavor is much much
heartier. Remember to prick it all over after you form it, be liberal with
oil before and after baking, some coarse salt on top is not a mistake.