Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default How does a DM survive the hospital?

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nicky wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:46:42 -0500, Janet Wilder

> >> I'd appreciate any suggestions (as well as prayers for his speedy
> >> recovery so he can get away from the dietary staff that is trying to
> >> kill him)

> > Very best wishes to him - sounds dire!! Hope you're out of there ASAP.

> Thanks, Nicky. He was feeling a bit better today. Still off his feed and
> I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't trust the food or he's just not
> hungry.

I think this is the most depressing thread I've read on any of the diabetes
groups. I'll have to review my Living Will with regard to BG testing, diet
and IVs. If it doesn't save me, it'll at least give my widow more ammo for
a lawsuit! I've had the same lawyer for 47 years. He's good!

Good luck to DH, Janet. Keep fighting for him. It'll encourage him, too!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.