Posted to alt.food.wine
Graham Graham is offline

Default Bunch of Clos de Vougeot, with a pink port and 2nd? Sauternes

"DaleW" > wrote in message
2000 Le Dauphin de Guiraud (Sauternes)
I'm assuming second wine of Guiraud. Sweet, canned peaches and
apricots, some botrytis, short. Others liked more than I did. B-/C+

Last w/e when I picked up some 05 Bordeaux (and wondering if I should take
out a second mortgage) the assistant strongly recommended I try the 07 "Le G
de Chateau Guiraud".
This is a dry wine and if I hadn't known it I would have said New World as
it had that sort of "hit you in the face" quality. On the nose grapefruit,
in the mouth red grapefruit. I tried to detect other influences but
couldn't, even on the 2nd day. Altogether, a very pleasant wine but not at
all subtle.
Graham