Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

The UnInmate wrote:

> If we thought urban sprawl was ugly we ain't seen nothin' yet. Around here
> the biggest problem is a monomania for condos.

Ditto.

> The new shopping experience
> is these box malls where separate box stores are widely spaced on a
> multi-acre lot so you have to get in your car and drive from one store door
> to the next. Double Ugh.

Ditto. The worst of it is in winter when there are huge piles of snow
that block your view of oncoming cars and decrease the number of parking
spaces by 30% or more at each store and hoards of people are Christmas
shopping. Then they restripe the lot, making each space narrower
because there aren't enough spaces and fools in mega-SUVs or pickup
trucks take 2 or more spaces. Ugh. Makes you nostalgic for
old-fashioned downtowns where you could take a bus or park in big lots
behind the stores and walk down a real street to shop.

gloria p