Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

On Fri 11 Jul 2008 03:18:06p, Gloria P told us...

> One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
> from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
> by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
> lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
> their wares! When it opened the lines of cars for the drive-up went
> around the block and the parking lot was jammed for a while.
>
> Evidently the mystique didn't last long or it was the wrong
> location/demographic (in an area with loads of apartments and condos.)
>
> Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two
> or three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one
> opens, leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.
>
> gloria p

I don't go to Costco frequently, but I was in the area the other day and
thought I would stop in for a few items. Imagine my surprise when I found
it locked up tight and boards over the windows. They had moved in recent
months to a new location about less than 2 miles from the original spot.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)