Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

Gloria P > wrote:

>Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two
>or three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one
>opens, leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.

Target is pulling this trick in Richmond, California. They are
closing a store that is right adjacent to a BART station (that's
our metro rail system here), and replacing it with a store
that is at least two miles from any BART station. I do not think
they have planned this move with the energy crisis in mind, and
it particularly sucks for their employees.

Steve