Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_3_] Joseph Coulter[_3_] is offline

Default TN: Lambrusco, SW (?) France, South Africa

DaleW > wrote in news:b868fc7e-d47f-4f65-803a-
:

> So Wednesday prepared spareribs, a fennel salad, and green beans with
> sesame for the concert by the river. But a little after 5 a
> thunderstorm rolled through, and though it cleared quickly the village
> decided not to risk lightning/rain and moved concert inside. I was
> less interested in jazz than picnic (the community center is a bit
> dreary). So we went to some friends' home instead. Our food was
> combined with their sausages and snow peas, plus we enjoyed a few
> wines:
>
> Zucchi Lambrusco di Sorbara (Rosato)
> Bright raspberries and strawberries in a light froth, fresh fruit and
> a hint of tannin and bitter licorice. Dry and easy to drink. B/B+
>
> 2007 Georges Vigouroux Pigmentum Malbec Rose (VdP du Lot)
> Where is Lot?

If you go to the Lot tourism page the first picture that you will see is
the famous, OK if you have been there, Cahors "new" Bridge.

> 2006 Fairview Goats do Roam
> Red fruit, surprising high acids for a mass market wine. This is
> Rhone blends, but there's a paving tar/rubber aroma that reminds me of
> Pinotage. Maybe I would have liked this better with food (it was
> opened at end), but this didn't really ring my bells. Have liked other
> vintages more. C+/B-

Thank you for verifying what I have found that the 06 Goats just isn't
what the previous vintages had which was a lot of bang for the buck a
very good Rhone Clone at a reasonable price, my last bottle was
underwhelming and left me wishing I had spent a coupe bucks more for
Perrin Reserve. *

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com