Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1986 Trevallon

Mike Tommasi wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
>
>> Emery,
>> Is this the Cab/Syrah blend? I haven't had a wine that old from
>> Aix but I remember drinking a few bottles of Cabernet from AOC Var
>> made by Americans no less that were quite good.

> It is a wine with a large Cab component, which disqualifies it from the
> appellation Les Baux (not Aix...) despite Trevallon having more or less
> created the reputation of Les Baux...

It is cabernet/syrah. As Mike says certainly a large cabernet part, I'm
guessing at least 1/2, but I don't know the actual blend.

Another provencale wine rumored to live forever is Richaume. (I think
Parker said it would go 30 years). I had an '85 in 2001, it was well
past peak, more so than the Trevallon.

So they make wine in the Var?

-E