Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default OT - Little Plastic Thing

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: I know I should probably post this on the diabetes group, but the
: "chatter" and spam is just so obnoxious that I've not been there in
: ages, so I'm asking here.

: DH just got a One Touch Ultra Mini meter today. It was free with a
: coupon from One Touch and since he uses a One Touch meter and has the
: strips, we thought it would be nice to have this teeny meter kit to
: carry along with us when we are out and about as it takes up a lot less
: room in my purse than his usual meter kit.

: There is a clear plastic cap that appears to fit into the top of the
: lancet pen. It has a larger hole in the top. I asked him what it was for
: and he said he didn't know but he had about 4 of them around the house.

: Does anyone know why one would need a top for the lancet pen with a hole
: twice as wide as the one it came with?

: Thanks in advance.
: Janet
: --
: Janet Wilder
: Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
: Good Friends. Good Life

Could it be a thingy for using an alternate site, like the arm? My
accu-chek soft clicker had such an extra top, that I didn't inspect, as
Iwas told by my endo not to use the alternate sites.

Wendy