Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julia Altshuler Julia Altshuler is offline

Default Croissants Part Deux

hahabogus wrote:

> Did you watch this batch too?

I would have, but I was so drugged with the antihistamines that I
staggered up to see them go into the oven, then fell over in bed again.

> Some say using the plastic blade in the FP works to reduces the heat that
> using the metal blade generates.

We used the plastic blade. The dough still got warm.

Also, I think we ground the almonds too fine for the frangipane. I
prefer them a little crunchier.

Today I'm hoping to get to the bookstore so we can shop for a croissant
cookbook.

It's the funniest thing how this project is turning out to be so much
fun. We knew we were old fuddy-duddy types. This is another example.
Talking about croissants has occupied our time, and we're enjoying it.
We'll be in the car searching for something to say. Then one of us will
mention raising the oven temperature, and we get into a discussion about
it. Anyone listening would say we were nuts to get into it to this
degree. (Present company excepted-- and accepted.)

--Lia