Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Potatoes au whatever dinner

"Tiger_Lily" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> BG 78. Slow sauteed 1/2 cup of sliced potatoes in butter, 'til
>> translucent.
>> Added 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2 and simmered 'til reduced by 1/3. Added 1/2
>> cup
>> of Limburger cheese and simmered 'til melted. Most delicious! One hour PP
>> BG 77.
>>

> ok............
> i have never seen translucent potatoes
>
> golden brown when fried, white when boiled or baked
>
> help!

I have. I made some the other day in the crockpot. Oil the crock with
olive oil then layer 4 large, thinly sliced Yukon Golds, 2 large white
onions thinly sliced and cut in bite sized pieces. Sprinkle on salt,
pepper, and parsley and some olive oil between each layer until you get it
all in there. Then pour on 8 oz. of vegetable broth. Cook on high for an
hour, then on low till dinner time. That's assuming you put them on around
9 in the morning like I did. The thinnest slices will be pretty see
through.