Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Disappointing dinner

Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have 6 gms
of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuik™
1 Tsp Splenda™ bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as in
the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking powder.
I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was slightly sweet.
Damn, I can't do anything right!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.