Posted to rec.food,rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.cooking
suds suds is offline

Default Chinese/Japanese way of eating soup?

I have always been told that what you say is true in Japan. As for China, I
have very little information other than the occasional movie, where there is
a mixture of what you have been told and the big ceramic or plastic spoon.
Ang Lee's famous "Eat Drink Man Woman" (unsure of the exact title) shows the
family using chopsticks and the big spoons.