Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Willy Willy is offline

Default My last three days

"Tiger_Lily" > wrote in message
> Willy wrote:
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>>> Thurs
>>> BG before dinner 59
>>> Liverwurst & 2 eggs on buttered dark rye.
>>> One hour PP BG 79
>>>
>>> Fri
>>> BG before dinner 74
>>> 1/4 cup pinhead oats, liverwurst, Linburger, horseradish, 2 eggs
>>> One hour PP BG 98
>>>
>>> Sat
>>> BG before dinner 89
>>> 1/2 low carb bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion & tomato
>>> Two hour PP BG 129
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
>>> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
>>> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
>>> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

>> Nick, although I'm new to this, I find my 2 hour readings are where my
>> spikes really show up. I noticed your Thur and Friday readings were at
>> ONE hour, whereas your Saturday reading (which was much higher) was at
>> two hours.
>>
>> None of my business, but based on my own personal experience thus far,
>> it's the two hour number that matters most.
>>
>> Does everyone in the group tend to agree??? I'm very new to this, so I
>> could be wrong, but that is definitely what I find in my own testing.
>>
>> Willy

> your PEAK bg level is around 60 to 70 min after the first bite of food
>
> by the 2 hour level, your bg's should be back down to a 'normal range'
>
> fats and protein affect the absorbtion of carbs and will delay it
>
> do you eat a lot of fat with your meals?
>

> --
> kate
> type 1 since 1987
> www.diabetic-chat.org
> www.diabetic-talk.org
> http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/n...diagnosed.html

I suppose "lot" is subject to interpretation.

Breakfast today was:

3 thin slick bacon.
2 eggs
2 low carb bread

I had no appreciable spike.

Lunch:

Sausage and cheese biscuit (25g carb)....

15 point spike at 2 hours.

Dinner:

Taco Salad (Wendy's) with additional piece of chicken (didn't eat the wrap
portion)

Couldn't test after evening meal, but my evening numbers are 120, which is
the lowest I've had since this all started.

Willy