Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default My last three days

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:11:03 -0400, "Willy"
> wrote:

>Nick, although I'm new to this, I find my 2 hour readings are where my
>spikes really show up. I noticed your Thur and Friday readings were at ONE
>hour, whereas your Saturday reading (which was much higher) was at two
>hours.
>
>None of my business, but based on my own personal experience thus far, it's
>the two hour number that matters most.
>
>Does everyone in the group tend to agree??? I'm very new to this, so I could
>be wrong, but that is definitely what I find in my own testing.
>
>Willy

No, not everyone does agree. My peaks are at one hour,
others are at 90 minutes, others are at two hours. We each
have to find our own peaks. Further, you will find that the
better your control the earlier your peak, at least that's
been the anecdotal experience that I've read over the past
six years.

From my reading of posts here and on mhd and asd.uk, three
Yahoo groups, dlife and the ADA forum the vast majority of
type 2's not on insulin, once they reach reasonable control,
appear to peak at 60-90 minutes after a typical mixed meal.
Usually closer to 60. People on insulin seem to peak later,
often closer to two hours; as do many newbies in poor
control.

How many times have you done a "peak-finding" series after
each of your three main meals of breakfast lunch and dinner?
By that I mean a series of tests at 20-30 minute intervals
after finishing the meal, compassing the period from 30-120
minutes (or longer if numbers are still high at 120).

Read this for a longer discussion on this:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...-two-hour.html

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg