Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Adjusting appliance temps w/ no rheostat

On Jun 26, 12:26�pm, maxine in ri > wrote:
> OK all you home-handypersons, mechanical geniuses and electrical
> wiring experts, have i got a question for you!
>
> I got a new yogurt maker at a yard sale (lady had a failed
> kitchen store business, it was brand new in the box sealed
> etc.) �First batch came out grainy (probably my fault)
> so I made the second batch under closer observation.
>
> Finished product was just over 130 degrees, which is
> the high end for yogurt cultures.
>
> Is there some way i can build a temperature control into
> the electric wire to reduce the temperature, or do I need
> to count this up to the usual yard sale failure?
>
> maxine in ri, soldering iron at the ready

It's no big deal to install a potentiometer into the unit (should fit
neatly into the chassis right next to the on/off switch)... probably
cost less than $5 for parts... bring that puppy down to your nearest
Radio Shack, they will sell you the parts and advise you for free.

http://tinyurl.com/43k5j9

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind... iometers&sr=1

---