Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default Adjusting appliance temps w/ no rheostat

OK all you home-handypersons, mechanical geniuses and electrical
wiring experts, have i got a question for you!

I got a new yogurt maker at a yard sale (lady had a failed
kitchen store business, it was brand new in the box sealed
etc.) First batch came out grainy (probably my fault)
so I made the second batch under closer observation.

Finished product was just over 130 degrees, which is
the high end for yogurt cultures.

Is there some way i can build a temperature control into
the electric wire to reduce the temperature, or do I need
to count this up to the usual yard sale failure?

maxine in ri, soldering iron at the ready