Rubystars

Default 8th Continent Soy-Milk Deception

"Daniel Miller" > wrote in message
news
> 8th Continent is the brand of soy-milk that comes in those plastic
> roundish curve-contoured bottles. I formerly discovered that it had
> the sheep product of lanolin. But lately I reviewed the ingredients on
> a bottle and lanolin is not listed, only "natural flavors."
>
> My suspicion is that there has been no change in the composition of
> the product, they have merely realized they can tuck the lanolin
> content neatly away behind the innocuous designation of "natural
> flavors." Anyone agree with this suspicion? Anyone got the lowdown on
> the rules, if any, for the "natural flavors" catch-all?

I think it does sound like a way they're trying to deceive vegans. People
who are lactose intolerant probably make up the largest market for soy milk,
but vegans would likely run a close second (I like to drink it and I'm
neither though). It seems like they might want to change their ingredients
list in case there are some allergy issues that might affect people.

-Rubystars