Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Hot weather meals

Robert Miles said...

> It was one of the larger cities - I suspect Phoenix, but don't remember
> well enough to be sure.
>
> "jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> You must have been in Phoenix, Yuma, or the Gila Bend area Tucson
>> usually stays about 104 to 106...sometimes it will go higher..like 110
>> or 115.
>> When someone says ,but it's a dry heat...my son says "so is a blow
>> torch..what's your point " I grew up in Tucson and all we had was
>> a"Swamp Box"...which is basically a drum fan that blows through wet
>> filter pads and the cooled air goes through the venting in the
>> house...these work well in May and June...but when the monsoons hit and
>> the humidity goes up they don't work well at all. In our last house we
>> had both AC and Swamp boxes...the swamp boxes really save on
>> electricity, so we used then during the dry hot months and used the AC
>> during the monsoons. Here we only have AC.
>> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> Sound a lot like when my job took me to Arizona for about 2 weeks.
>>> While I was there, the highest temperature every day was about 115F,
>>> and there were no comments about it being hotter than usual. It was a
>>> dry heat, though, so going outside long enough to go to work and back
>>> or to several local bookstores and restaurants was bearable. I don't
>>> think I found a building with anyone in it and no air conditioner,
>>> though.
>>>
>>> "jacquie" > wrote in message
>>> m...

Sorry to piggyback (butt-in),

I'd go for homemade cold chicken salad, a day old. Probably with garlic
hummus dip instead of mayo. And some Hass avocado and iceberg lettuce for
good measure!

On rye crispbread or pumpernickel squares.

OR a sugar-free icicle on a stick. Depending on my mood.

Andy
Not a believer in low carbs.