Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blinky the Shark Blinky the Shark is offline

Default Creamed chipped beef recipe?

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Karen >
> wrote:
>
>>On Jun 23, 9:57*am, Ken > wrote:
>>> Anyone have a favorite creamed chipped beef (SOS) recipe? I prefer the
>>> was Stouffer makes it but that is quite expensive for a couple of
>>> ounces - two skimpy meals. I looked in my old 60s JOC but the recipe
>>> ingredients didn't look like those I am used to. My much newer JOC
>>> doesn't have a recipe, or if it does I can't find it.
>>>
>>> I'd prefer to get a recipe here from someone who has tried it. I've
>>> been disappointed with several web site recipes I've tried.
>>>
>>> Also, where do they keep the dried beef in the supermarkets these
>>> days? I haven't seen it for years. Used to be near the sausage and
>>> packaged lunch meats. Maybe I just didn't notice carefully enough.

>>I haven't seen dried beef in the markets, either.

> I see Buddig all the time. Lots of stores around here have generic

I was going to suggest that, but I didn't know if that was the same kind
of beef that was being sought here. I haven't had SOS since I was a yoot.
I liked it then; I'd probably like it today.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups