Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default Creamed chipped beef recipe?

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Karen >
wrote:

>On Jun 23, 9:57*am, Ken > wrote:
>> Anyone have a favorite creamed chipped beef (SOS) recipe? I prefer the
>> was Stouffer makes it but that is quite expensive for a couple of ounces
>> - two skimpy meals. I looked in my old 60s JOC but the recipe ingredients
>> didn't look like those I am used to. My much newer JOC doesn't have a
>> recipe, or if it does I can't find it.
>>
>> I'd prefer to get a recipe here from someone who has tried it. I've been
>> disappointed with several web site recipes I've tried.
>>
>> Also, where do they keep the dried beef in the supermarkets these days? I
>> haven't seen it for years. Used to be near the sausage and packaged lunch
>> meats. Maybe I just didn't notice carefully enough.

>I haven't seen dried beef in the markets, either.

I see Buddig all the time. Lots of stores around here have generic
stuff that's even cheaper. I prefer it to the jars. One place had
the generic packs 20 for 10 bucks a few months ago. One of our kids
can easily eat two packs in one meal.

http://www.buddig.com/original_cb.html

Lou