Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default Hungry for horse meat

In article >,
(Victor Sack) wrote:

> The mythic image of the noble horse in American history has weighed most
> heavily in the anti-horse meat campaign in the United States.
> Celebrities like the singer Willie Nelson have campaigned to stop the
> slaughter of horses - in the 1990s, about 100,000 a year were killed,
> processed and shipped to Europe.

Nevada alone could supply twenty thousand stringy wild nags for
immediate consumption worldwide. They are a waterhole stomping, habitat
destroying, alien species in our wilds with no useful reason to be here.
Real mustangs are long gone, and they were only a romantic construct in
the first place.
I crave wild horse steak and hunger for an open year around season. I'd
even be open to the idea of airfreighting them back to the Asian steppe
as an American exercise in showing the world how we do it right because
we care and we're brainless.
Now, I'm not talking about Nelly or Dobbin. I'm talking about the half
ton rats infesting our state without human support other than the
government and the politics of no-horse destruction.

leo