Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Friday Night Fish Dinner

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:38 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Dinner tonight, whiting fillets. I'll be dipping them in an egg wash
>> then coating them with a blend of cornmeal & flour seasoned with
>> salt and a little cayenne pepper for kick. They'll be pan-fried.

> I do the same with fish, except I usually use black or sometimes white
> pepper and oftem omit the egg wash, but whiting? My mother used to
> make that sometimes, and there aren't enough lemons or limes on the
> planet to make me think of "jack salmon" as edible.

LOL More for me! I love whiting. Which of course means the price will
skyrocket.

>> What are your plans?

> Buying a wheelbarrow at Lowe's, which is about 7 or 8 blocks away. My
> son and I are walking there, then I'm wheeling it back. It wont fit
> in the car.
>>

> --Bryan

Bought a small computer desk and chair today (assembly required!). They
both fit in my car. There's a perfect spot in one corner of Mom's living
room for a little work area. This way we'll be able to get this machine off
the kitchen table and actually eat in here again

Jill