Posted to rec.food.cooking
ChattyCathy ChattyCathy is offline

Default Traditional recipes?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:20:25 -0400, Zeppo wrote:

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> Here's mine: Fruity bobotie - a tradtional South African dish:

> Cathy,
> OK, this looks great. I need to make this soon.

I hope you enjoy it...

> Any traditional SA vegetarian main course recipes you are aware of? We
> have friends from SA coming for dinner in two weeks and I always try to
> find an interesting veggie dish for them. A traditional SA dish would
> really make a hit with them.

We're rather big 'meat eaters' in this family, but here's a local recipe
site I like a lot. They have a section with some nice 'veggie dishes'.
(Don't ask me why they called it "Funky Munky" <grin> but I've tried quite
a few of the recipes and they've all been good...) BTW, I hope your
friends can eat eggs and/or cheese, because some recipes have one or the
other (or both).

http://funkymunky.co.za/veg.html

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Egg tastes better when it's not on your face...