Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default FYI...Prices jump for real Napa grown wines...

On Jun 13, 2:43�pm, "Rick" > wrote:
> FYI..
> Rick
>
> Prices jump for real Napa-grown wines
> (http://www.pioneerlocal.com/evanston...8430,pp-uncork...)

Huh? I would question the writer's economics. I suppose that if one
wanted to recoup ones investment in one year then 4500 bottles at $52
per bottle would equate to the estimated average cost of one acre.
I'm not sure how many business owners expect to recoup their
investment in one year though. I think this writer is way off base.
The bottom line is simple...if you make wine and sell every single
bottle every year for $75 per bottle you keep ratcheting up the price
until you don't sell every bottle. If you own a small family winery
and have worked hard for decades to make a few hundred thousand
dollars profit and a large conglomerate offers you $20 million for
your land, label and inventory...you retire wealthy.