Rusty Lipbalm

> http://www.abctexas.com/saxe/saxe01012004.html

This address may have to be copied and pasted to get through correctly.
Here is a sample of what is on the page:

Thoughts on 'Mad Cow Disease' From A Self-Described
Conservative Environmental Wacko
By Allan Saxe, WBAP Political Analyst

The finding of Mad Cow's disease in a cattle herd in Washington
State recently has left me with very mixed emotions.
On one hand, I never find any joy in economic reversals. Such
reversals hurt us all in a spiraling fashion. On the other
side, I have been a vegetarian for many years both for health,
perhaps imaginative, and ethical reasons.

Good grief, what is a conservative/libertarian, as I fashion
myself, doing being vegetarian! In some people's minds,
Rush Limbaugh being one, this just doesn't make sense. But it makes
great sense to me. Limbaugh frequently talks
about the environmental wackos, and animal rights advocates along
with other liberal causes. I admire Rush very
much and agree with him on almost every issue. But I do not wish to
be lumped together with liberals just because I am
an animal advocate, vegetarian and environmental wacko.

I am a conservative/libertarian on economic issues and a strong
national defense advocate. I have voted for
President Bush and will do so again. I am a great admirer of Ronald
Reagan and believe in limited government far
more than most Republicans. Please Rush, don't lump us vegetarians
and animal rights people with liberals.
Personally, I am a calm vegetarian. I never make a big deal over
eating dinner with friends who order chicken fried
steaks or hamburgers. And I would never even argue with a woman
wearing a mink coat, though I might look at her
strangely.