Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_5_] PeterLucas[_5_] is offline

Default Vegan 12-year-old girl has spine of an 80-year old

"Jean B." > wrote in
:

> Giusi wrote:
>> My daughter's doctor says almost no one in the northern hemisphere
>> gets enough vit D in winter. The rays are too low and the days too
>> short. In summer 20 minutes every few days will do you.
>>
>> She had to be treated for severe VitD deficiency this year due to her
>> dermatologist's insistance that she wear sun block at all times. Doc
>> still insists, but kid now leaves the back of her neck unprotected.
>>

> My daughter also uses sunblock all the time--and she assiduously
> avoids all sun. It's lucky she drinks fortified milk and takes
> vities!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Queensland.

Beautiful one day..... perfect the next.

Still a lot of VitD deficiencies though........ mainly due to the bloody
great parties we have in the afternoon sun!! :-)

"If we're not meant to eat animals, who come they're made of meat??"

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

The path of a warrior never deviating,
one has to become not just a part of nature
but a force of nature,
acting in accordance with the laws of the universe.
(Getsumei No Michi, the Moonlit Path)