Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Whipped Cream

"Paul McNoob" > wrote in message
> If I were to make my own whipped cream, how do I store it ? In the
> freezer, like commercial cool whip? I want to make it the "night
> before" so that we can have it in the morning before work with
> strawberries or blueberries over belgian waffles. I don't have the
> time in the morning to make it fresh (nor the waffle batter).
>
> Thanks as always
> Paul

If you use a bit of powdered sugar to sweeten it, the cornstarch in it will act as a
stabilizer so it should last until morning. If you live near a Trader Joe's, buy your
heavy whipping cream there, since it has a higher fat content than most the grocery
store offerings, which makes it more stable.
Personally, I'd stick my bowl and whisk in the freezer the night before and wake up 5
minutes early to whip it fresh though.
Cool whip is not the same as whipped cream. Heck, it isn't even a dairy product. So,
what works with cool whip will not work with whipped cream

kimberly