Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Whipped Cream

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:07:32 -0700 (PDT), Paul McNoob
> wrote:

>If I were to make my own whipped cream, how do I store it ? In the
>freezer, like commercial cool whip? I want to make it the "night
>before" so that we can have it in the morning before work with
>strawberries or blueberries over belgian waffles. I don't have the
>time in the morning to make it fresh (nor the waffle batter).
>
>Thanks as always
>Paul

Ooooh, ooh, oh.... I can answer that question! I've made whipped
cream the morning or night before a big party (thanks to someone on
rfc suggesting this and it worked).

Whip your cream and put it in a fine sieve (or suspend it in a coffee
filter) - whatever it takes to elevate the whipped cream above a
container to catch any drippings. Basically, the whipped cream
"weeps" and the water drops into the vessel below. Very cool.

The remaining whipped cream is just like fresh whipped so I avoid the
stress of making it between clearing up dinner dishes and serving
dessert.

Good luck!

FYI, you can always use a canister. Personally, it's my option of
choice unless I'm making whipped cream for a crowd.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first