Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Brisket Flat, no fat, what to do!!

On Jun 5, 2:04 pm, "frohe" > wrote:

> No worries. Have your BIL to get a pound of bacon and lay over the brisket.
> It should cook up fine.
>
> Oh, and tell your brother to get another butcher; someone who knows how to
> trim up a brisket.

That would certainly be my solution. I always try to find the most
square ended briskets possible, but sometimes they just aren't
available.

Since I don't foil, braise or do anything else to a brisket but rub it
and put it on the pit, I have put bacon on the flat if it tapers down
to a thin end. Even a couple of pieces will keep the "too skinny" end
moist while the rest of the brisket is still cooking.

Oh, yeah. Ditto on the new butcher.

Robert