Default Tell me about rice

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:53:02 GMT, "jRb" > wrote:

>Please inform:
>
>50000 Animals?
>
>Explain please.......
>
>I seriously doubt one would have witnessed much less counted that many. In
>either event it's not a perfect world and you have to take the lesser of two
>evils most often than not.

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·

>Perhaps we should investigate rice farming alternatives that may curb or
>elliminate such deaths?

The only way to elliminate *any* death is by preventing life.

>Has that been considered?

Sure. There are people here who advocate farming under
glass to prevent life that way, and advocate not raising animals
for food to prevent life that way...